Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Back to "Hooking" in Harlem

Didn't do any crochet last year. My  2013 fall wearable art presentation was based on the quilting of roving with a technique I may have created. Didn't plan on crocheting this year but the cool weather inspired me to sift through my stash of yarn and appropriate it toward near future projects. I can't seam to work with yarns in the summer. Something about those warm fibers against the body is unappealing in warmer weather even with the AC on. Since we had an unseasonably cool summer and fall is in full swing early it is perfect yarn creation weather. I tried to make myself work solely out of my stash but I did pick up a few additions at the annual Harlem Needle Arts Inc. trek to the Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck NY. Working toward a series of long mittens and some fiber fusion coats and wraps to showcase during the 4  remaining 2014 Harlem Aesthetic events at the Gadson Gallery. Two pair of mittens and a coat are in the works at this moment. I hope to complete them and a few more by November 8th and 9th - the next event. Wish me luck!

No comments: